October in Food

| On
00:00:00
I'm a really big food person. I don't know if I'd be a foodie because I think of foodie's as people who go out to eat, but I do like the title and try to refer to myself as one. I wanted to do a quick food post about things I made this month. This month I went all out and definitely tried a few recipes that I haven't done before. I tried out a lot of vegan/vegetarian recipes.

Super tiny cinnamon roll made from extra croissant dough


Vegan sushi is a thing and I love it. It's quick and relatively easy and I love coming home and making some and eating it. It's more filling than you'd think and I adore putting in cucumber and bell peppers in it. I also made some sauce to go with it and it's a mayo (vegan mayo if you're vegan) , soy sauce, and honey plus sometimes pepper flakes.


Vegan Sushi



Simple hash with sweet potatoes and white potatoes peas, and kale

I made tons of hash with whatever I could get my hands on. I used butter or sometimes bacon grease to add flavor, so it wasn't vegan but it can easily be made vegan. I loved using a mixture of sweet potato and regular potatoes for this! The only interesting thing I tried out for dinner was stuffed squash and it was so good. Mostly vegetables (spinach,kale,sweet potato, other veggies) with a bit of meat.



Spinach and cheese muffins


Because I love to snack and am a snack fiend I made a good bunch of snacks this month. I made spinach crackers and lemony white bean dip which was so good and sadly they definitely weren't pictured. The bean dip also doubled as a spread for some veggie sandwiches and they were so good. I also made some spinach muffins adapted from this recipe and I really liked them. They didn't go over so well with the rents but my brother and I liked them. I also made some croissants from scratch and my god they are a labor of love. I used this recipe and they came out wonderful. If you do this recipe definitely make sure you let the dough sit in a warm place before you bake them, it makes a lot of difference.

Stuffing for spaghetti squash

Croissants

 
For November I was thinking about maybe trying my hand at gnocchi, cinnamon rolls (maybe pumpkin cinnamon rolls?),  icebox cake, no bake granola/energy balls, pesto, and some sort of sweet muffin (mayhaps blueberry or chocolate?). Honestly though I'm really looking for a recipe that allows me to bust out my french rolling pin. Also just to let you know I do a little inter scream of delight every time I think about my french rolling pin. I love it so much!

Also super sorry for the shoddy/ugly food photographs! I'm not much experience with taking nice food pictures and also I didn't think about piling this together until last minute. I thought it would be cool!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9